Dishing It Back 2020
Random Drawing: A chance to win a $100 gift certificate to a local restaurant!
In this year’s Hall of Fame, we are introducing a new feature called Dishing It Back (DIB) that will run for six weeks, Monday, October 12 – Friday, November 20. The challenges of the pandemic have taken a toll on local businesses, especially in the food services sector. Dishing It Back is a fun, interactive way to build excitement for the Hall of Fame, while also showcasing the culinary “chops" of local chefs and supporting the 18 restaurants who have helped the GCC Foundation’s Hall of Fame in the past.
Here’s how it works:
· The GCC Foundation will purchase a $100 gift certificate from all 18 participating chef’s restaurants.
· Local chefs will showcase a signature dish for home cooks to recreate in their own kitchens.
· The Dishing It Back page will feature photos of participating chefs displaying their dish, along with an easy-to-follow recipe for home cooks to replicate.
· This makes them eligible for a random drawing for a gift certificate, which will take place the week of Monday, November 23.
· One name will be drawn from all entries submitted in each chef’s category. Each lucky winner will receive a $100 gift certificate to that restaurant.
· Lucky winners will be contacted about how to redeem their $100 gift certificate. Their names also will be announced in a video on this page.
In addition to thanking the chefs, restaurants and businesses that have supported the GCC Foundation, Dishing It Back will also increase awareness of local food service establishments and encourage the public to patronize them. Please join us for the Hall of Fame and Dishing It Back, a delicious, fun-filled new culinary adventure!
To make this whole program special, our dear friend, Executive Chef Arturo Franco-Camacho has volunteered to work with Dishing It Back Co-Chair Dave McCoart to produce a video as a launch to this program.
Shell & Bones Oyster Bar and Grill: Chocolate Banana Terrine click here for recipe
Executive Chef Arturo Franco-Camacho
Goodfellas Restaurant: Meatball Salad click here for recipe
Executive Owner Gennaro Iannaccone
Madison Beach Hotel: Butternut Bisque click here for recipe
Chef Frank Connors
Anaya Sushi & Ramen: KFC (Katsu Fried Chicken) Bao Steamed Bun click here for recipe
Chef and Owner Soraya Kaoroptham
Bin 100 Restaurant: Shrimp and Scallop Creamy Lobster Sauce click here for recipe
Owner Elena Fusco
Basta Trattoria: Crème Brûlée click here for recipe
Owner Nino Ribeiro
Café Vincenzo of GCC: Dill-Dijon Chicken click here for recipe
Christopher Gentile, GCC Professor and Coordinator of Culinary Arts and Professional Baker Programs
Consiglio's Restaurant: Cavatelli & Meatballs click here for recipe
Owner Trish Perrotti
Olea Restaurant: Warm Vichyssoise with Shrimp and Ham click here for recipe
Executive Chef & Owner Manuel Romero
Union League Café: Soft Boiled Eggs Florentine click here for recipe
Executive Chef Guillaume Traversaz
Ristorante Luce: Shrimp & Scallop Speck click here for recipe
Co-owner Paul Iannaccone
Soul de Cuba Café: Salmon en Mojo y Miel click here for recipe
Founder Jesus Puerto
Rosso Vino: Broccoli Rabe & Sausage click here for recipe
Chef Joe Flores
Olives & Oil: Shrimp Scampi click here for recipe
Chef John Brennan
York Street Noodle House: Spicy Shrimp Coconut Curry Noodle Soup click here for recipe
Chef & Owner Soraya Kaoroptham
J Restaurant | Bar: Spicy Lobster Pomodoro click here for recipe
Owner Jordan Dikegoros
Brazi’s Italian Restaurant: Ricotta Cheesecake click here for recipe
Owner and Manager Valerio Capobianco
ZINC: Creamy Herb Pasta click here for recipe
Chef Alex Blifford